Update from Church Council - June 2, 2020
LPBC members and visitors ,
It's my pleasure to offer you an update from the Worship Team, Deacons, and Church Council. On Wednesday, May 27, the Worship Team, Deacons, and I agreed to recommend to the Church Council a plan to resume in-person worship in June and July.
Per a vote by the Church Council on Monday, June 1, we have unanimously decided to resume in-person worship outdoors for the month of June in the church courtyard, with social distancing and hygiene measures implemented and masks encouraged. Instead of our usual worship time of 11 AM, worship services in courtyard will be held at 9:30 AM in an effort to gather during the cooler part of the day.
Outdoor services are also dependent on weather. If weather does not allow for outdoor worship, in-person worship will be suspended. Instead, we will record worship with a minimal number of leaders in the sanctuary and share via YouTube, email, and Facebook as we have over the past several weeks.
We're excited about this plan to gradually and safely transition back into our sanctuary, with worship resuming indoors beginning in July. I'm sure we're all looking forward to being together again soon, balancing our commitments to be safe and loving as we worship God.
As we gather in the courtyard, here a few things to keep in mind:
(1) Stay home if you need to! Of course we'd love to see you, but we want you to be comfortable wherever you are, whether that's in your own home or by joining us for worship in the courtyard. A full recording of the worship service will be available online Sunday afternoon.
(2) Hand sanitizer and printed hymn sheets will be available to assist with hygiene and limit the spread of germs. Masks are encouraged to help with this as well.
(3) Spread out! We'll have flags marking appropriate social distancing, so it should be easy for us to find a place that's welcoming and safe.
(4) Bring your own chair - This makes the setup easier for church leaders. But even if you don't have a chair to bring, we'll make sure you have one for worship.
(5) Bring a water bottle - We hope it won't be too warm, but we will have some water on hand for you and your family just in case.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. We hope to see you soon and pray for God's blessings on you.
Outdoor Worship - Pentecost & June 2020
On May 31, 2020, Lindley Park Baptist Church came to the agreement to host all worship services starting on Pentecost and in the month of June in our outdoor courtyard. Please read the statement above for information about these services. We will still be posting these services online for those that are immunocompromised in our congregation and all others who would like to participate in the services at home.
May 31, 2020 - Virtual Worship Service
Online Worship - March, April, & May 2020
On March 22, 2020, Lindley Park Baptist Church came to the agreement to host all worship services and Wednesday night Bible Studies on an online format. Below, you will see all online worship services, you can also find these services on our Sermons page .
If you wish to receive the Zoom invitations for our virtual Wednesday Night Bible Study, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other church activities (BYKOTAs, Inner Rhythm Choir, Sunday School, etc. have been canceled until further notice)